Acceptable Use Policy
The transmission or illegal possession of any material in violation of any federal or state law or regulation is strictly prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to, copyrighted material, material legally judged to be threatening or obscene, material protected by trade secret or material that is otherwise deemed to be proprietary or judged by Indiana Data Center, LLC to be inappropriate or improper. This specifically includes, but is not limited to, unsolicited bulk or commercial e-mail messages (ďspamĒ). Customer is hereby put on notice that Indiana Data Center has a zero tolerance for unsolicited bulk or commercial e-mail messages and reserves the right to terminate Customerís services without notice in the event Indiana Data Center becomes aware that Customer, or persons using Customer's services, are using Indiana Data Centerís network or facilities for the distribution of unsolicited bulk or commercial e-mail messages.
Indiana Data Center reserves the right to monitor, from time to time, Customer's activity to insure that Customer is in compliance with the terms of this agreement. It is expressly understood that the services provided are furnished on the condition that they will be used only for authorized and lawful purposes. The services are furnished subject to availability of facilities and may be limited from time to time for reasons beyond the control of Indiana Data Center. Indiana Data Center has the right to limit the manner in which any portion of its telecommunications and or data network is used in order to protect the integrity of the network. Customer must abide by Indiana Data Centerís Terms and Conditions of Use (Acceptable Use Policy) at all times. Any deviation or violation of Indiana Data Centerís Acceptable Use Policy shall constitute grounds for immediate suspension of Services hereunder without advance notice to Customer. Such services shall remain suspended until, at Indiana Data Centerís sole discretion, Customer's actual or proposed use of Indiana Data Centerís Services conforms to Indiana Data Centerís Acceptable Use Policy. In the event services are suspended for violation of Indiana Data Centerís Acceptable Use Policy, Customer shall not be entitled to any credit, offset or other abatement of charges payable under this agreement.
- Criminal Activity: Indiana Data Center is required by law to report any criminal activity that we become aware of. Any account with such activity is subject to suspension and/or termination.
- Network Monitoring: Indiana Data Center cannot and will not monitor ALL activity on our network. In order to continue the quality of operations we currently provide to our customers, we will monitor appropriate pieces of our network including but not limited to traffic, bandwidth, email, files, or any other item related to the legality, performance, and security of our network.
- Unauthorized Access / Hacking: Indiana Data Center prohibits any and all activity that appears to be a search for unauthorized access to our system, or any other system accessible through our network.
- Denial of Service: Indiana Data Center prohibits any attempts to interfere with or deny service to any user or host (e.g. denial of service attacks and/or DNS spoofing attacks).
- SPAM / U.C.E.: Indiana Data Center prohibits any unsolicited actions including, but not limited to, mail bombing, "spamming", unsolicited emailing, or any other action deemed as unwanted or solicitations across any medium including but not limited to email, newsgroups, the World Wide Web, chat boards, and file transfer protocol.
- Misuse of Services: Indiana Data Center prohibits any action considered out of the bounds of a certain medium including but not limited to posting un-moderated messages to moderated newsgroups, uploading information to another site without prior permission, and using anonymous FTP sites as temporary storage for any files, pirated or not.
- Censorship: Indiana Data Center does not have a censorship policy in place for accessing the rest of the Internet. We believe that our customers should have access to all information the Internet has to offer, within legal boundaries.
- Filtering: Indiana Data Center will not be held responsible for any material transmitted from outside the boundaries of our network. If you have an interest in prohibiting certain material, contact our offices for more information.
- Privacy: Indiana Data Center will not release any information about any of its customers without appropriate written legal documents requiring so, i.e., court order.
All Basic Policies apply.
- Traffic Monitoring: Indiana Data Center monitors web site traffic to provide quality service to our customers.
- Backups: Indiana Data Center does perform regularly scheduled backups on the web servers; however, web site backup is the responsibility of the customer.
- Indiana Data Center reserves the right to suspend any website with unusual usage that affects the performance of our network when not previously made known to Indiana Data Center.
All Basic Policies apply.
- Users must ensure that their activity does not improperly restrict, inhibit, or degrade any other user's use of the Services, nor represent (in the sole judgment of Indiana Data Center) an unusually large burden on the network itself. In addition, users must ensure that their activity does not improperly restrict, inhibit, disrupt, degrade or impede Indiana Data Center's ability to deliver the Services and monitor the Services, backbone, network nodes, and/or other network services.
- Indiana Data Center residential customers may not resell, share, or otherwise distribute the Services or any portion thereof to any third party without the written consent of Indiana Data Center. For example, you cannot provide Internet access to others through an Indiana Data Center provided internet connection, host shell accounts over the Internet, provide email or news service, or send a news feed. Indiana Data Center's residential service offering is a consumer product designed for your personal use of the Internet. You may not use Indiana Data Center's residential service for commercial purposes without prior permission from Indiana Data Center.
- You may not run a server in connection with Indiana Data Center's residential service, nor may you provide network services to others via Indiana Data Center's residential service. Examples of prohibited uses include, but are not limited to, running servers for mail, dns, http, ftp, irc, and dhcp, and multi-user interactive forums. For information about commercial or network services purposes, including commercial-grade remote LAN access, please email email@example.com.
- Customers are responsible for ensuring in-house mail servers attached to the Indiana Data Center network (anyone who has an Indiana Data Center issued IP address) are reasonably secure and not open relays. A misconfigured mail server might force Indiana Data Center to disable the customer's internet connection to protect the Indiana Data Center network and mitigate potential side effects to other customers. You must contact the Customer Care team prior to placing a mail server online to identify potential configuration issues. Doing so lessens the possibility of an undesirable interruption in service.
Indiana Data Center guarantees satisfaction. All connectivity accounts are covered by our thirty-day (30) guarantee. This entitles an unsatisfied user to a full refund of all connectivity and equipment fees within the first thirty days of service. Cancellations after that time will not be eligible for a refund. No refund will be offered on any setup/installation or reactivation fees. All Domain Name Registration fees are NON REFUNDABLE, NO EXCEPTIONS.
We reserve the right to terminate accounts for failing to use service in accordance with our terms and conditions, billing policies, or our Acceptable Use Policy. Subscribers that are discovered to blatantly abuse our Acceptable Use Policy regarding SPAM or Unsolicited Commercial Email may be charged a network administrative fee of up to $125 per hour and terminated immediately. Any terminated account must be paid in full before reactivation. Reactivation fees will also apply to accounts that expect to be recreated.
Policies are subject to change without notice. Any policy listed herein may be superseded by individual contract signed by Indiana Data Center and the customer of record. Indiana Data Center reserves the right to enforce policies on an as-needed basis.